Want to volunteer?
Need to recruit Volunteers?
United Way Volunteer Connect is a free service for any non-profit in the community. While we encourage all 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations to register with and submit information to United Way’s Volunteer Connect, UWSWA reserves the right to decline any submission that promotes illegal, hazardous or dangerous activities; discriminates in any way that is prohibited by law; or is inconsistent with United Way’s mission.
If you are not a non-profit but would like to recruit volunteers through United Way’s Volunteer Connect, please contact our office at 251-433-3624.
United Way’s Volunteer Connect is the community resource for volunteerism in Southwest Alabama.
Opportunities to Serve
United Way’s Volunteer Connect participates in several different National Days of Service. The community or corporate teams are welcome to join us in participating:
- Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service (January)
- United way of Southwest Alabama’s Day of Caring (April)
- 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance (September)
- Make a Difference Day (October)
Benefits to your company:
- Builds and enhances your image as a good corporate citizen
- Helps attracts customers, clients, and business partners
- Builds employee morale, loyalty, and productivity
Benefits to your employees
- Makes them feel fulfilled and increases morale
- Builds and enhances professional and leadership skills
- Educates employees about community needs and issues
- Elevates employees’ sense of community, citizenship, and civic pride
If your company is interested in volunteering, please contact our office (251-433-3624).