What is a Loaned Executive?
The Loaned Executive Program enables your company’s employees to expand their skills by serving as account managers, along with United Way of Southwest Alabama staff, to plan and implement UWSWA’s annual fundraising campaign.
Loaned Executives are selected by their employers, and from mid-August until about November, they work with United Way staff to coordinate and manage employee campaigns at businesses throughout Mobile County.
Who can be a Loaned Executive?
- Loaned Executives come from all areas of the workforce, including middle management, clerical, organized labor, and even retirees. Throughout the campaign, they will develop valuable contacts and experience as they contribute their time and talent to its success.
- The ideal candidate has a strong desire to make a difference in our community, is able to manage multiple tasks, works easily in a fast-paced environment, and is highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Why should my company provide a Loaned Executive?
There are numerous benefits to be gained by both your Loaned Executive and your company. During their time with United Way of Southwest Alabama, your loaned executives will learn to:
- Develop winning presentations
- Improve their public speaking, account management, time management, team building, and leadership skills
- Communicate to employee groups about how United Way can help them multiply their impact in their local community
- Strengthen their relationships with other local businesses and gain valuable networking skills
In addition to these benefits, your company will enjoy increased visibility in the community and a good test of your employee’s fundraising sales skills and executive leadership potential.