2020 Pledge Fundraiser and Mural Project
Thousands of children and families are on waiting lists for agency services in Southwest Alabama. United Way of Southwest Alabama has partnered with Our Southern Souls to raise awareness and money to get at least 2,020 kids off of the program waiting lists and into the programs they need.
It is important to increase the resources available to our partner agencies so that more kids get mentoring and educational opportunities, get weekend backpack meals, more free books for kids 5 and under, shelter to more families with kids in need, more mothers with children escape domestic violence.
Our Southern Souls will be featuring real-life stories about families who are receiving life changing and life saving services from #UWSWA partner agencies.
Here are a few examples from the UWSWA partners. These represent 22,399 kids.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: 149 on the waiting list at a cost of $48 per child
- (Each child gets one brand new book each month)
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama: 100 on the waiting list at a cost of $122 per child
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Alabama: 22,000 potential students at a cost of $1,000 per child
- F.A.I.T.H. Grocery Backpack Program Choctaw County: 150 children and growing at $150 per child
Ginger Woechan begins work on the 2020 Pledge mural this week that will be located on the wall of the United Way building on St. Francis Street and track our progress. As we hit benchmarks, children from some of our partner’s programs will add flowers to Ginger’s mural.
When you donate to the United Way of Southwest Alabama 2020 Pledge Fundraiser you are helping to get kids and families of lists and into services they need. United Way of Southwest Alabama’s mission is to improve the quality of life in the community.
Click here to give or text 2020 Pledge to 41444 and follow the directions you receive in response.
Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide.