UWSWA Is Accepting Nominations for Heart of Gold Volunteer Awards
Mobile, AL – Do you know someone with a HEART OF GOLD? UWSWA is proud to honor its volunteers with the Heart of Gold Award, which recognizes volunteers for their dedication and service in the areas of education, health, financial stability, or essentials. The engagement of the hundreds of individuals who volunteer with us each year is critical to the success of both United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA) and its 48 partner agencies. Last year, the work of these volunteers was valued at more than a half a million dollars—money that was invested in programs and services that addressed our communities’ needs. In 2019, UWSWA is proud to honor its volunteers with the Heart of Gold Award, which recognizes up to four volunteers in each of the four UWSWA counties—Choctaw, Clarke, Mobile, and Washington—for their dedication and service.
One volunteer (an individual, agency, or company) in each of UWSWA’s four Building Blocks may be recognized at the August 15th Campaign Kickoff/Annual Meeting for their work in:
- Education: Volunteer(s) invested their time in birth through age 18 education activities, programs, or services that may improve the chance of high school graduation and being college and career ready
- Health: Volunteer(s) invested their time in activities, programs, or services that promote health and wellness, including prevention, intervention, and health maintenance
- Financial Stability: Volunteer(s) invested their time in activities, programs, or services that foster more financially stable, economically self-sufficient individuals and families
- Essentials: Volunteer(s) invested their time in activities, programs, or services that ensure our citizens’ basic needs are met
- AND/OR Nominee volunteer activities must benefit, but are not limited to:
- a UWSWA Partner Agency within Choctaw, Clarke, Mobile, or Washington counties
- UWSWA via one of its programs, collaborations, or outreach efforts
Nominees may not have been selected as a winner in the prior three years. NOMINATE YOUR VOLUNTEER TODAY! Deadline to submit nominations is May 17, 2019.
Online link to Mobile County’s nomination form: https://www.supersaas.com/form/UWSWAPrograms/Heart_of_Gold_2019_Mobile
Online link for the Choctaw, Clarke, and Washington counties’ form: https://www.supersaas.com/form/UWSWAPrograms/Heart_of_Gold_2019_Counties