UWSWA is Hiring a Manager of Regional Development-County Relations
Candidate must reside in Choctaw, Clarke or Washington Counties
Summary & Scope:
Develop, retain and significantly grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA). Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned company and individual accounts. Identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWSWA. Work closely with these constituents to plan, organize and implement campaign and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained United Way commitment. Aggressively identify, recruit and develop new business prospects to ensure continued campaign growth.
The primary focus of this position is on the regional development of the United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA) campaign in Choctaw, Clarke and Washington Counties. Successful completion of on-boarding and training is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
[What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Provide the required staff support needed for Committees and Campaign Cabinets in each county to meet and exceed goals.
- Identify, recruit, train and develop succession plans for volunteer leadership.
- Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts, new donors and new business development.
- Achieve annual goals for number of donors, prospect calls and visits.
- Aggressively identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis. New business can include new workplace campaigns, new corporate gifts, new sponsorships, and new gifts in kind for UWSWA.
- Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way (UW) relationships, commitment and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
- Analyze campaign potential and results for assigned accounts in order to develop market segments that will determine each account’s relationship and financial goals. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service. This may involve long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors and prospects at the leadership level. Assist in growing membership and financial support in UWSWA’s donor segment groups.
- Effectively convey UWSWA value proposition, mission & priorities effectively to the general public, businesses & community leaders.
- Support Community Impact projects (i.e., application and reporting review, site visits, volunteer recognition, etc.) as needed.
- Manage, lead and motivate Campaign Cabinet volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training and management according to campaign and Community Impact timetables.
- Maintain current and accurate information in UWSWA’s database and CRM tools on all prospects and assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute an annual individual work plan with measurable goals that reflect division and UWSWA objectives.
- Actively engage in business and community networking opportunities.
- Promote (1) organizational values among internal and external UW constituents and (2) UWSWA programs and community impact.
- Conducts research, develops plans, and implements and analyzes new small-scale marketing opportunities in local papers, newsletters, bulletins, etc…
- Support media related activities and develop media relations in Choctaw, Clarke, and Washington counties
- Support external and internal communications and marketing strategies
- Coordinates with the United Way office for direct mail campaigns for Choctaw, Clarke, and Washington counties
- Explores, coordinates, and supports sponsorship opportunities for county kick-offs
- Work directly with selected individuals participating in the Loaned Executive Program, as needed.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Corporate Account Management — 45%
- Provide effective consultation to help companies design effective employee giving campaigns
- Serve as primary liaison with employee campaign coordinators
- Develop and strengthen relationships with companies, donors, and volunteers
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee campaigns in a defined portfolio of companies, as well as supporting overall campaign efforts
- Identify companies and donors for staff to cultivate beyond the campaign period
Campaign Activities/Stewardship — 35%
- Make presentations to individuals and groups with the intent of asking for contributions to support the UWSWA mission
- Receive coaching and feedback on utilizing storytelling to outline the positive impact United Way has on the community
- Act as a resource for external and internal audiences
- Play a significant role in securing funding for UWSWA by motivating and asking target audiences to give.
- Participate in the organization’s annual thank-a-thon by making phone calls to donors, thanking them for their donations
- Arrange for speakers, tours, and materials to support UWSWA messaging during campaigns
- Complete the entire employee campaign process with companies
Data Management — 20%
- Manage ANDAR software for the preservation of account giving history, accurate contact data, acknowledgement letters and vital communications for each account in the assigned portfolio
Goals and Objectives — Daily
- Advocate for the advancement of UWSWA in our community
- Raise funds to support the mission of UWSWA
- Coordinate activities with Major and Planned Gifts and/or other UWSWA departments
- Participate in meetings as directed
- Maintain loyalty to UWSWA organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain professional and organizational standards while representing UWSWA within external community
- Display a business professional appearance
- Display passion for UWSWA’s mission
- Present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers
- Maintain a service-oriented work ethic
- Demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to link donor, volunteer, and company aspirations to needs and UWSWA portfolio of services and programs
- Ability to catalyze others’ commitment to mission
- Strives vigorously to accomplish shared goals
- Separates one’s own interests from organizational interests in order to make the best possible judgments for the organization
- Seeks and shares knowledge of community
- Takes a collaborative approach to addressing issues
- Focuses on shared goals
- Mobilizes a broad range of sectors and resources
Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels. Internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its value and purpose. Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders.
Presents oneself in an appropriate and professional manner. Communicates, acts, reacts, and responds appropriately in all situations. Effectively utilizes interpersonal skills and political astuteness to: engage with, lead and function as a member of a team. Is trustworthy and acts with integrity, authenticity, humility, and in good faith; respecting others’ opinions, priorities, values, and interest. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Manage Relationships / Relationship-Oriented
Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow, and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Understands and motivates individuals and organizations
- Values diversity and inclusion
- Effectively communicates
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions
Understands and uses empathy, compassion, and active listening. Is fully present and aware of subtleties and nuances such as body language and voice tonality to better understand what is important to constituents and how to connect and engage them with UWSWA. Able to influence, persuade, present, request, sell, negotiate, and close a deal as appropriate.
Utilize and Acquire Knowledge
Is forward-thinking, focused on what is possible. Is able to use technology when acquiring and utilizing knowledge, and is innovative and creative in its application. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Achieve Results / Results-Driven
Is personally accountable for the results they achieve. Is able to adapt quickly to ever-changing environments. Is organized, able to plan, think strategically, and is creative, innovative, and appropriately persistent. Is able to make decisions and willing to take risks when appropriate to achieve results and meet goals.
- Has a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact
- Advocates for support of education, income, and health
- Promotes innovation/willing to take risks
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results
- Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on business model
Demonstrates Social Responsibility and Stewardship
- Has a passion for the common good and affection for the community. Believes in social responsibility and inspires others to be socially responsible. Demonstrates courage and humility when working toward improving life in the community.
- Commitment to excellence and to providing exemplary customer service
- Strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment
- Positive attitude, flexible
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and in teams
- Dynamic, engaging, and articulate public speaker
- Ability to articulate UWSWA’s mission and work and effectively convey achievements through effective presentations
- Ability to address tough questions effectively and respond with concise information
- Possesses exceptional time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and appointments and work in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Punctual and reliable
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Good basic math skills
- Ability to perform basic statistical analysis, plan, set goals, provide leadership and motivate groups of people
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Position requires lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds, loading campaign materials into and out of vehicle throughout the day.
Supervisory Direction Received:
- Position works under the general direction of the Vice President Resource Development
- Requires planning and arranging of own work in relation to overall set objectives of portfolio
- In the absence of the Vice President Resource Development, or by his/her direction, the Manager –Donor Relations will provide direction, guidance, and support.
- United Way staff, Campaign Cabinet, volunteer leadership, partner agency staff, company leaders, Employee Campaign Coordinators, external vendors, donors.
Supervises: No direct reports.
Education, Skills, Experience, and Training Required for this Position:
- Work experiences that align with the position’s requirements; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field; or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building preferred; demonstrated success with effective listening skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio of assigned accounts
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Proficiency with a Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, the Internet
- Experience with donor processing systems and CRM preferable
- Ability to organize a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and attend to details.
- Reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 5, 2019