UWSWA is Hiring a Manager of Donor Relations
The United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA) is hiring a Manager of Donor Relations to develop, retain and significantly grow the level of financial support and commitment to UWSWA. The individual will maintain and develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned company and individual accounts as well as identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWSWA. The manager works closely with constituents to plan, organize and implement fundraising campaigns and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained commitment. In addition, the individual will aggressively identify, recruit and develop new business prospects to ensure continued campaign growth.
Candidates will have Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong communication, public speaking, relationship-building, and fundraising/sales experience. A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience is required as well as proficiency in the Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, the Internet, have reliable automobile, a valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance. Candidate must reside in Mobile County. This is a non-exempt position. Compensation will be within $30,000 to $35,000 based on the candidate’s experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 5, 2020.
[What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts, new donors and new business development.
- Achieve annual goals for number of donor or prospect calls and visits.
- Aggressively identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis. New business can include new workplace campaigns, new corporate gifts, new sponsorships, and new gifts in kind for UWSWA.
- Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way (UW) relationships, commitment and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
- Analyze campaign potential and results for assigned accounts in order to develop market segments that will determine each account’s relationship and financial goals. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service. This may involve long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors and prospects at the leadership level. Assist in growing membership and financial support in UWSWA’s donor segment groups.
- Effectively convey UWSWA’s value proposition, mission and priorities effectively to the general public, businesses and community leaders.
- Manage, lead and motivate campaign cabinet volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and training according to campaign timetables.
- Maintain current and accurate information in UWSWA’s database (ANDAR) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools on all prospects and assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute an annual individual work plan with measurable goals that reflect division and UWSWA objectives.
- Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
- Promote established organizational values among internal and external UW constituents
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work directly with selected individuals participating in the Loaned Executive Program, as needed.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspiration to needs; Ability to catalyze others’ commitment to mission; Strives vigorously to accomplish shared goals; Separates one’s own interests from organizational interests in order to make the best possible judgments for the organization
Seeks and shares knowledge of community; Takes a collaborative approach to addressing issues; Focuses on shared goals; Mobilizes a broad range of sectors and resources
Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, market, societal); Internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its value and purpose; Demonstrates the values of the network; Is a good system-citizen Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Understands and motivates individuals and organizations
- Values diversity and inclusion
- Effectively communicates; actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions
- Treats others with respect and dignity
Presents oneself in an appropriate and professional manner. Communicates, acts, reacts, and responds appropriately in all situations. Effectively utilizes interpersonal skills and political astuteness to engage with, lead and function as a member of a team as appropriate. Is trustworthy and acts with integrity, authenticity, humility, and in good faith, respecting others’ opinions, priorities, values, and interest. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Understands and uses empathy, compassion, and active listening. Is fully present and aware of subtleties and nuances such as body language and voice tonality to better understand what is important to constituents and how to connect and engage them with UW. Able to influence, persuade, present, request, sell, negotiate, and close a deal as appropriate.
Utilize and Acquire Knowledge
Is forward-thinking, focused on what is possible, and seeks new tools and knowledge as needed. Is able to use technology when acquiring and utilizing knowledge, and is innovative and creative in its application. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Achieve Results / Results-Driven
Is personally accountable for the results they achieve. Is able to adapt quickly to ever-changing environments. Is organized, able to plan, think strategically, and is creative, innovative, and appropriately persistent. Is able to make decisions and willing to take risks when appropriate to achieve results and meet goals.
- Has a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact
- Advocates for support of education, income, health, and essentials
- Promotes innovation/willing to take risks
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results
- Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on business model
Demonstrates Social Responsibility and Stewardship
Has a passion for the common good and affection for the community. Believes in social responsibility and inspires others to be socially responsible. Demonstrates courage and humility when working toward improving life in the community
Puts people first – understands that people are the engine that moves the organization forward; Focuses staff on meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals; Envisions the future of the organization through the development of staff talent; Values the diversity of people and ideas
CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Exemplary Customer Service
- Must successfully display outstanding sales and/or fundraising skills.
- Will ensure all informational data is current and appropriate to goals and outcomes.
- Must be detail-oriented, with ability to manage and analyze data.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively motivate volunteers and staff.
- Must be able to plan, execute, and evaluate assigned individual accounts.
- Ability to compose and edit business letters, reports, and a variety of other documents.
Supervisory Direction Received:
- Position works under the general direction of the Vice President Resource Development
- Requires planning and arranging of own work in relation to overall set objectives of portfolio.
- Work subject to review by the President & Chief Executive Officer.
- United Way staff, Campaign Cabinet, volunteer leadership, partner agency staff, company leaders, Employee Campaign Coordinators, external vendors, donors.
- Participates in and manages program teams, as assigned, which may include Loaned Executives and Speaker training and Employee Campaign Coordinator training.
- Loaned Executives
- Assists in the training, coaching, and motivation of volunteers, Community Account Managers, and Community Speakers
Education and Training Required for this Position:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong communication, public speaking, relationship-building, management and computer skills, and United Way or other fundraising/sales experience.
Previous Work Experience:
Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience that aligns with this position’s requirements.
- Proficiency with a Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, the Internet
- Experience with donor processing systems and CRM preferable
- Ability to organize a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and attend to details.
- Reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
Physical Demands: (Include travel) These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Manager, Donor Relations. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee will be required to travel throughout UWSWA service area to visit with donors at their preferred meeting locations (place of work, home, etc.) and to travel to donor engagement events. Set-up and take down for donor engagement events.
Submit resumes to email@example.com no later than August 5, 2020.
Download full job description – 20-Job Posting – UWSWA Manager Donor Relations