Mobile County VOAD and the United Way Are Hosting a Hurricane Ida Resource Fair
On Thursday, September 23 and Friday, September 24, Mobile County Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD) and the United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA) will host a Hurricane Ida Resource Fair at Central Presbyterian Church (1260 Dauphin Street, 36604) from 7am until 11 am. Several area nonprofits and government agencies will be on site to provide storm-related assistance to Hurricane Ida survivors and evacuees. Evacuees will also have the opportunity to speak to representatives regarding legal services, school registration, medical services, and many other important necessities.
Evacuees must provide a valid driver’s license or photo ID during the intake process to ensure that we are servicing those directly affected by Hurricane Ida. If no ID is available, we will accept other documentation to verify the household’s name and residency.
In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and adhere to CDC guidelines, facemasks are required regardless of vaccination status. The venue will offer social distancing and hand sanitizer will be available.
- AIDS Alabama South Alabama
- West Florida United Methodist Conference
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- American Red Cross of South Alabama Chapter
- AARP Alabama
- Baldwin County VOAD
- Bayou Clinic
- Catholic Social Services Archdiocese of Mobile
- City of Mobile
- City of Mobile Parks and Recreation
- Crisis Cleanup
- Drug Education Council
- Dumas Wesley Community Center
- Feeding the Gulf Coast
- Goodwill Gulf Coast
- Governor’s Office of Volunteer Services
- Housing First, Inc.
- Lifelines Family Counseling
- Mennonite Disaster Services
- Mobile Comprehensive Career Center
- Mobile County Commission
- Mobile County Health Department
- Mobile County Public School System
- Mobile County Emergency Management Agency
- Mobile County VOAD
- Ozanam Charitable Pharmacy
- Penelope House
- Project Thrive
- South Alabama Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Two Men and A Truck Mobile & Baldwin Counties
- United Cerebral Palsy of Mobile
- United Way 2-1-1
- United Way of Southwest Alabama
- Victory Health Partners
- Volunteers of America Southeast (VOASE)
- Veterans Recovery Resources
For those interested in volunteering, please go to the following website, https://volunteer.uwswa.org, click on the “Needs” tab and choose “Hurricane Ida Resource Fair Volunteer.”
Thank you to the City of Mobile Parks & Recreation and AARP for supplying hurricane recovery supplies. For anyone interested in donating, the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity will host a Hurricane Ida Supply Drive on Saturday, September 18 at the Alpha House (606 St. Francis St. Mobile, 36602) to benefit the UWSWA and the Resource Fair. They have asked for personal care items including diapers (adult and baby), baby formula, deodorant, soap, lotion, feminine products, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste/toothbrush, shaving tools, and toilet tissue.
To help with Hurricane Ida relief efforts
- Text “IdaRelief21” to 91999, and follow the directions you receive in the response
- Scan the QR Code
- Click here.
United Way 2-1-1 works to support Mobile County VOAD identifying community needs. UWSWA and Mobile County VOAD encourage those in need to call 2-1-1 or 888.421.1266.
Thank you Publix Charities, Truist Foundation, Alabama Civil Justice FOundation, and Two Men and a Truck