President’s Blog – 111 National Awareness Campaigns in October
The month of October hosts 111 National Awareness Campaigns – everything from National Go on a Field Trip Day (which sounds really good as I stare out my window at the beautiful sky) to National Toilet Tank Repair Month (which mine needs repaired at the office – Mark Burnett where are you?).
Many of our 46 partner agencies celebrate or recognize this month for their causes. Listed below are some of those causes:
- Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- Emotional Intelligence Awareness Month
- Emotional Awareness Month
- Financial Planning Month
- Head Start Awareness Month
- Health Literacy Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Dropout Prevention Month
- National Learning and Development
- Month National Tackling Hunger Month
- National Talk About Prescriptions Month
UWSWA’s partner agencies provide over 100 programs to provide services to individuals and families in their times of need.
We ask that you support the United Way of Southwest Alabama in our 2021 Community Campaign so that our partner agencies can continue their work in aiding families who have a member with Down Syndrome or with a mental health issue or a physical disability; families suffering from hunger or domestic abuse; children who are bullied or contemplating dropping out from school; children enrolled in head start; or families needing financial counseling.
Someone needs you.
You have the power to change lives.
You have the power to save lives.
Please donate today.
Click here to donate now.