Shop. Dine Out. Treat Yourself. Change Lives on United Way Day
Be a part of changing lives and saving lives in Southwest Alabama when you shop, dine in, carry out, or treat yourself at one of the participating merchants on United Way Day, Saturday, August 1, 2020. United Way Day is a one-day fundraiser and awareness campaign for the United Way of Southwest Alabama (UWSWA) led by the retail and service industries. Vendors can feature their businesses while raising awareness and funds for the United Way and its 46 partner agencies. Vendor donations are based on a predetermined offer designed by the vendor in agreement with the UWSWA.
This is the third year for United Way Day. The event began as a Shoe Station fundraiser and promotion in 2018. In 2019, Shoe Station raised $9,526 by donating $1 for every pair of shoes sold and allowing customers to make additional donations at checkout. This year, UWSWA has expanded United Way Day to include 21 vendors in Choctaw, Clarke, Mobile, and Washington Counties. In addition, United Way of Baldwin County and United Way of South Mississippi have planned United Way Days of their own.
On August 1, 2020, people are invited to shop, dine in, carry out, and treat themselves at participating local merchants, many of whom have beem adversely affected by Covid-19. Donations from United Way Day will help fund 11 of UWSWA’s internal programs and grants to the 46 UWSWA partner agencies that comprise the Community Safety-net.
UWSWA staff or partner agency representatives will be on site at many of the vendors to provide information about the services available to the community and the importance of the Community Safety-net to Southwest Alabama.
Participating Vendors – Updated July 26, 2020
- Dick Russell’s BBQ – Made a $100 donation and will have a collection jar available for donation at the checkout counter.
- ellenJAY – Donating $150 and will ask customers add $1 to their transaction
- Felix’s Fish Camp (only June 30) – A $1 donation will be made for every transaction
- Food Champs – A bucket drop will be at the registers and information table asking for donations
- Gilbert Auto Supply – (Gilbertown) – A collection jar will be available for donations at the checkout counter
- Howell’s Shoes n’ Things – (Jackson) A collection jar will be available for donations at the checkout counter
- Jackson’s on the Square – (Butler) Made a $150 donation
- Joe Bullard Automotive – A donation of $100 from each car sold and $10 from each service.
- Joe Bullard Acura
- INFINITI of Mobile
- Jaguar Gulf Coast
- Land Rover Gulf Coast
- Joe Bullard Cadillac
- Joe Bullard Ford
- Lee’s Kloset Boutique – (Thomasville) A collection jar will be available for donations at the checkout counter
- Mayo’s Barber Shop – A $0.50 donation will be made for each hair cut
- McAleer’s Office Furniture Company – Will donate 5% of sales on Friday, July 31st.
- Mobile – Springhill Avenue
- Pensacola – North Davis Highway
- Old Majestic Brewing – A $1 donation will be made for each merchandise purchase in the Taproom and at www.oldmajesticbrewing.com
- Mulberry Bleu (Butler) A collection jar will be available for donations at the checkout counter
- Penelope’s Closet – A collection jar will be available for donations at the checkout counter
- Phins Apparel – A $1 donation will be made for each shirt sold at Shoe Station or at www.phinsapparel.com
- Pinnacle Imports – TBD
- Rouses Markets – (running August 1st through August 15th at all 8 Alabama locations) – Tear cards will be available for customers to make a contribution to UWSWA.
- #50 Theodore
- #51 Old Shell
- #52 Saraland
- #53 Spanish Fort
- #54 Gulf Shores
- #73 Airport
- #76 Orange Beach
- #78 Daphne
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse (only June 30) – A $1 donation will be made for every transaction
- Serda’s Brewing – A $1 donation will be made for each beer sold
- Simply Sweet Shoppe – Made a $100 donation. Closed on Saturdays.
- Shoe Station (all locations) A $1 dollar donation will be made for each pair of shoes purchased & customers will be given the opportunity to add a donation to their purchase total.
- Spanish Fort
- The Berry Patch (Gilbertown) – TBD
- The Cheese Cottage with Rush Wines – Rush Sparkling Wine will be sold at a discounted rate of $5 per bottle. All proceeds from those sales will be donated as well as 20% of sales on any cheese board.
- The Shoppes at BelAir – Donating the coins collected from the fountain inside the mall.
Download the United Way Day Poster – 20-UWDay Poster 7.27
Download the United Way Day Merchant List – 20-UWDay Merchant List 7.28
BECOME A PARTICIPATING VENDOR
United Way Day is soon to be Southwest Alabama’s largest one-day shopping and community fundraiser led by the retail and service industries. Vendors can promote their businesses while raising awareness and funds for the United Way and its 46 partner agencies. Join the United Way of Southwest Alabama to be a part of changing lives and saving lives in Southwest Alabama by becoming a 2020 United Way Day Vendor.
Download more information.