Apprenticeship Readiness Program
The North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU) is Accepting Applications for the Apprenticeship Readiness Program (ARP). NABTU developed the program for students interested in a career in the construction industry.
The free 8-week program is to introduce students to the different building trades, to teach them the skills necessary to successfully apply for a registered Mobile/Pensacola Building & Construction Trades apprenticeship, and to provide debt-free education.
Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3) Curriculum by NABTU
- Construction Industry Orientation
- Tools and Materials
- Construction Health and Safety
- Blueprint Reading
- Basic Math for Construction
- Heritage of the American Worker
- Diversity in the Construction Industry
- Green Construction
- Financial Literacy
ARP begins are March 15, 2021, and meets daily Monday through Thursday from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM at Bishop State Community College. A drug test and a GED or High School Diploma are required for admission. Deadline to register is January 28, 2021
NABTU’s world-class apprenticeship programs train workers to become highly-skilled, six-figure earning construction workers through a debt-free. technologically-advanced education. These earn-as-you-learn programs pay family-supporting wages and provide health care coverage and retirement benefits.
- Increase the number of candidates for apprenticeships across all trades; to increase the diversity of apprenticeship candidates by recruiting women, communities of color and veterans.
- Increase the retention rate among apprentices by providing them with a deeper understanding of both the industry and the role of trade unions in construction.
For more information, visit https://nabtu.org/ apprenticeship-and-training/apprenticeship-readiness-programs/