Emergency Food & Shelter Program Phase 39 – Accepting Applications for Washington County
Washington County has been awarded federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
Washington County was awarded $11,526 from ARPAR and $3,000 from Phase 39 in EFSP funding to supplement programs in Washington County to help to expand their capacity. These award amounts was determined by the Alabama State Set Aside Committee..
The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Jewish Federations of North America; The Salvation Army; and United Way Worldwide.
A Local Board will determine how the funds awarded to Washington County are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. The Local Board is responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds available under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- be private voluntary nonprofits or units of government,
- be eligible to receive Federal funds by having a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN),
- have an accounting system,
- practice nondiscrimination,
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and 6) if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply. Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact Trista Stout-Walker, United Way of Southwest Alabama, at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. The deadline for applications is May 18, 2022.